Monday, September 4, 2017

Annalise's newest favorite song

Do your kids ever play the same song over and over again until it gets old?  In fact, do you ever do that?  I think we all do.

I don't know how my daughter discovered this song, but it's beautiful.  It jogs memories for me.  When I was in high school, we did Peter Pan in the theater department, and I played a lost boy.  (Girls were boys, too).  In fact, Peter Pan was played by a girl.  In live performances, he almost always is. I told Annalise all these stories, and she was quite intreagued.



The girl who played Peter Pan had very long blonde hair.  She brushed it into a pony tail to have the ponytail cut off on stage in front of the whole cast, who was sitting in the theater seats before she went to the salon to have it done "boy style".  When that ponytail came off, let me tell you almost every girl in there screamed.  When I told the story to my daughter, she shrieked too.  I guess to a young girl, it really is terrifying.  Annalise asked me since my role was of a "lost boy", did I have to cut my hair too?  I said, no, the lost boys who were played by girls just pinned it up into hats.  Lost boys were considered "extras", while Peter Pan is the main character, which is why Peter Pan had to actually cut hers.



We sang a song, too in our main scene.  It wasn't a sad one like this one, and although I remember some of the lyrics being sad, the song itself was upbeat and happy.



Another memory- the flying contraptions.  Peter Pan, Wendy, Michael, and John fly in the play.  At my high school, they were attached to these flying contraptions that they didn't even try to not make obvious.  During breaks during practice, other non-flying cast members took turns getting on them and doing weird maneuvers.  I never did that, though.  I was too scared!



No comments:

Post a Comment