Tuesday, August 22, 2017

First Day of School

Annalise started 5th grade yesterday, which here in Texas means starting Middle School.  She was SUPER EXCITED.  Her teacher has been teaching for about 40 years and seems like such a cool old lady.  (Homeroom Teacher).  She has other teachers for other subjects, but her homeroom teacher is also her math teacher.  This is because Annalise placed advanced in math, and her homeroom teacher teaches that one math class for kids who tested the way she did.  It's a mix of 5th and 6th grade math.

I'm starting to realize that homeschooling might never happen for us.  I love the idea of homeschooling, but for one thing, Annalise thinks it's the worst thing that can ever happen to a kid.  Secondly, she has her heart set on entering 9th grade at the magnet high school for kids who want to be doctors.  I said I would love to put her there, but it's up to her dad to allow us to move closer into town, when he's already called the location of that school "The Hood".  Living in midtown Houston would be a godsend for me.

Here in Houston, we were supposed to get 67% view of the solar eclipse.  I didn't have to work, and Monday is slow for food delivery apps anyway (a lot of restaurants close Mondays), so I stayed home with my dad who is a hardcore Jerry Lewis fan.  Jerry Lewis passed away recently, and my dad was busy going back and forth from the movie marathon to the eclipse.  He made all kinds of contraptions to see it, but honestly, I didn't see anything.  At 1:45, which was peak time, the sky got slightly dimmer, but the sun looked no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment