Saturday, August 12, 2017

Back to school woes

i can't believe summer is almost over. The first day of school is August 21st. Here in Texas, things are done differently. Elementary school is only Pre-K - 4th grade. Middle school is 5th and 6th. Junior high is 7th and 8th. By then, I'm hoping we can convince Anna's dad to move closer into town so she can go to a magnet high school for kids who want to be doctors.

But back to the present. The school district is so disorganized that I was told a million different things about what I need to do and what I need to come up with for the new school for 5th grade. As a former CPS investigator, I know how teachers and principals call for every little thing, so I was pounding pavement to make sure there were no snafus. It made me so tired. I thought, how do people with more than one child do it?  Well from my lips to God's ears, because I quickly found out that my younger child advocates kid's foster parents have nothing on him. There is supposed to be an educational folder, and it's supposed to be green (for kids in state care). What the foster parents got was this Manila folder with two sheets of paper that hardly say anything. He was satisfactory in music, he behaves, etc. oh my goodness!!!  So I email the caseworker and her response was literally,

"The foster parents has the educational folder."

Parents has.

Ok now I get Texas ghetto slang, and I do use it, but I'm not about to use it in a professional email. Did you not take English, girlfriend? So I did some digging, found shot records, two forms of identity, and so on. What a mess!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment